SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Dave:
I think I am the opposite of you. I like flying through the initial preliminary design phase where all options are investigated and the design slowly begins to take shape.

However, like right now, today, the thought of having to put down the first lines of a new design is daunting because I know they will be wrong. This client has very high aesthetic goals for the boat. He has told me that the primary goal is in his words "row away factor". I can do it but I am very hard on myself in this stage of the design. I always want perfect and I never get perfect. But being very familiar with the client's current boat will help me get started.

I love working on the hull design. It gets all parts of my brain working at once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site