SailNet Community - View Single Post - Warning warning advertising for paying crew
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Re: Warning warning advertising for paying crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalvo View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the info piclarke.

Do you know where to get information on similar boats? I have been looking for boats to join as crew without much luck. Maybe one of these boats would work for me.

Thanks,
Sam
Depends on what you deem as similar. Do you have any research qualifications to do oceanic - water research. Know off an organization in the South Pacific Island territories that have limited Un funding for their work and have supporters that donate 10% of their income to get a tax exception. The vessels, some have been donated by either the previous owners or left in their wills or the widow has donated the vessel. Others are delivery skippers / owners with boats. The qualified personnel get a wage / salary, Skippers, Scientists qualified researchers the rest have to pay at about $300 - $400 per 7 day period - crew deck hands, cooks, tool fetches and sherpers in other words plus get yourself there and home as well. Not much Tiki touring or sight seeing. Could be at the same Island for 2-3 months. Claim the costs are for food and maintenance. The skippers and researchers are on reduced incomes so they probably satisfy their consciences they are contributing towards maintenance by reduced salaries.

Not sure if the vessels are surveyed.

If still interested message me and I give you the web site Url to make contact.

However at this particular point in time it's the cyclone season. Nov to May.

Pleased to help

Regards :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by piclarke; 10-19-2013 at 06:54 PM.