SailNet Community - View Single Post - What liquor and wine do you stock on Board
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: What liquor and wine do you stock on Board

Our boat, being a classic French yacht delivered in Europe, came complete with built in racks for several cases of wine. Accordingly, we carry a nice assortment of Bordeaux's, Burgandy's, Champagne's, Cote's du Rhone and a few bottles of nice vintages from Provence. My (much) better half favors pasta dishes and these, of course, call for a nice Chiante or Barolo so we carry a couple of bottles or more of each as well. We have hard liquor aboard, a bottle or two each of Gosling's Black Rum, Bushmills 1608 (for Irish Coffee) and a bottle of Bunnahabhain single malt scotch laid down when we bought our previous boat, in 1976, although few seem to care for it (as evidenced by the age of the bottle tho' I resist repeated requests that I discard it!) but there doesn't seem to be much demand/interest in hard liquor among our friends/acquaintances save once in awhile for rum. In the beers department, we carry two: Full Sail or Harpoon, depending upon what's available; and, Anchor Steam (in recognition of our heritage in San Francisco). None have ever looked askance of any of these beers once they've had them, nor will any of you if you give them a try.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."

Last edited by svHyLyte; 10-20-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: add beers links
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook