SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes

We were happy to see some very new and interesting boats.
The XP 44 was very impressive (besides the typical X yachts quality, I really liked the clean, bright interior, with foam cored fiberglass cabinets ). It was nice to see the all new Contest 42CS, allthough ventilation is seriously lacking, the Allures 45 with solid build and smart solutions for cruising and the Dehler 38. I had a chance to sail the Dehler 38 after the show, which propably made it my favorite. Wow ! What a sweet sailing boat. In 6 to 8 kts, she would go upwind at around 6 kts, downwind around 8 with an asymmetrical. Nice deck layout for singlehanding also. I would have liked to see more wind and a nasty chessie chop, but her light wind performance was impressive. Down below, quality is above average and features some nice solutions.
We were really looking forward to seeing the new Bene 38, but were not as impressed as we had hoped. The freeboard was massive and about the same as the 50 footer next to it, which gave it a clumsy, boxy look. We liked the open interior, but found the usual Beneteau finish flimsier than we would like.
The Hanse 415 was one of the upsides this year. The interior quality, that we found completely lacking last year had been nicely improved, and had a more solid feel.
As usual, a fun show to visit...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook