SailNet Community - View Single Post - do you carry an acoustic Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: do you carry an acoustic Guitar?

I have a buddy who has that Martin. Nice small guitar. Sometimes you just pick one up that immediately speaks to you. That's the way it was when I found my Jazz Bass. Two plunks and I took it home.

I was very lucky. For years a guy I played with regularily owned a chain of music stores in the PNW, American Music. This gained me the buddy discount and that was often about 50% off retail. This made saying "NO!" difficult at times. But I look around the room and see too many guitars that don't get played. They need new strings. I'll sit down one Saturday and change them all. I need an in house guityar tech.

I think my reluctance to buy a Tele is the fear that I won't be able to get that signature Tele sound out of it myself. I'm no James Burton. But I have another playing buddy who has a nice one. He never plays it. Maybe I'll swap him my PRS for a while and see if I like it. He does like my PRS.

I think I'll take a pic of my PRS. You guys should see it. I traded Paul some design work for a guitar. He asked me, "Would you be intertested in trading some design work for a guitar?" I thought about it for .5 seconds and said "Yes!" Smart move on my part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRS small.jpg (62.0 KB, 5 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bobperry; 10-20-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook