SailNet Community - View Single Post - do you carry an acoustic Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Re: do you carry an acoustic Guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Sky:
I don't baby my guitars. I just play them and dust them from time to time. I like to keep them out because they are fun to look at. To me they are little works of art and kind of markers down the road of my life. I still have the Guild D-50 I bought in 1966. If that guitar could talk I'd have to go into hiding. I'll never sell my guitars. I'll give them to my son Max. He plays and I'm sure he'd love to inherit my collection.
Bat, I hoped the f-holes were real, but didn't phrase it that way just in case.

Totally agree on the works of art beauty thing. I love the way guitars are based on the curves of the female torso. Nothing more attractive.

You have some great guitar connections, I always pay full boat price. I'm just lucky I guess, that way I don't have to own too many.

Not babying your guitar reminds me of something. Two years ago I saw Tommy Emmanuel locally - close up, rural area. To me he is one of the top acoustic players in the world. He makes no attempt to have a flashy image, looks like a very regular and humble person, just he way God made him.

But you should see his guitar, it was the most beat up guitar I've ever seen, almost no finish left on the entire face. There is someone who chooses to truly use his guitar, and all the beauty comes out on his playing. He has lot's of humor as well.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook