SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung;1107945...
I had a chance to sail the Dehler 38 after the show, which propably made it my favorite. Wow ! What a sweet sailing boat. In 6 to 8 kts, she would go upwind at around 6 kts, downwind around 8 with an asymmetrical. Nice deck layout for singlehanding also. I would have liked to see more wind and a nasty chessie chop, but her light wind performance was impressive. Down below, quality is above average and features some nice solutions.
You were not the only one impressed. Recently the readers and testers of Voile magazine made it the Magazine boat of the year. For French to select a German boat, it has to be very good. The Oceanis 38 was one of the boats tested. All the boats were tested at the same time, with the same wind and conditions. Another boat that impressed was the cheap Varianta 37 that was faster than the Oceanis 38 and the Bavaria 37.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook