SailNet Community - View Single Post - Live aboard legal address
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013

Iliveonboat is on a distinguished road
Re: Live aboard legal address

Thank you all for your replies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsykes View Post
I just went through having my DL renewed here in FL. I do have a PO box for a mailing location; but as I live on a sailboat, we don't have a 'permanent' address. You know the drill - bring in 2 pieces of mail from some official entity that you received at your physical address (not the PO box). After explaining that I don't have a physical address - at least one that doesn't move, it was suggested that I use a relative's street address. There's the 'fraud' that was referred to. Well, I had thought about this and had decided that this was the time to finally make a stand, home Land Security notwithstanding. The gals at the DL bureau were great! They issued me a new DL and listed me as 'homeless' . My mother is so proud!

Melissa
s/v Cheechako
I'm not homeless !

Homelessness describes the condition of people without a regular dwelling. People who are homeless are most often unable to acquire and maintain regular, safe, secure, and adequate housing, or lack "fixed", regular, and adequate night-time residence.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness

My anchor does not slip therefor my home is "fixed" !!!!!

What is the official definition of homelessness?

There is more than one “official” definition of homelessness. Health centers funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) use the following:

A homeless individual is defined in section 330(h)(4)(A) as “an individual who lacks housing (without regard to whether the individual is a member of a family), including an individual whose primary residence during the night is a supervised public or private facility (e.g., shelters) that provides temporary living accommodations, and an individual who is a resident in transitional housing.” A homeless person is an individual without permanent housing who may live on the streets; stay in a shelter, mission, single room occupancy facilities, abandoned building or vehicle; or in any other unstable or non-permanent situation. [Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C., 254b)]

Homeless ain't right.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook