SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Ocean is broken? really?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Ocean is broken? really?

I've met Ivan. We happened to be sharing the same marina just before he set off from Newcastle NSW to Melbourne Vic for the start of the Melb - Oaska race. The man's bullshite output is remarkably low and if he is worried about what he saw out there then I for one am happy to believe him. He is first and foremost a racing sailor. While I'm sure he'd be happy to be called a greenie he is not an activist by any stretch of the imagination.

As noted in the article Ivan is at pains to acnowledge that a lot of what they were seeing was a result of the Japanese Tsumani, it was not simply about ongoing pollution or as noted by a presumably climate change denier , tree hugger propaganda. Nonetheless denying that the oceans are suffering is head in the sand absduridity of the lowest order.

(Mod hat on for the moment .... sad though it may be, if this thread spends too much time in "tree hugging propaganda" mode it will end up in PRWG.)

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdw For This Useful Post:
chall03 (10-22-2013), mattt (10-21-2013)