Re: Downside of living aboard
I've been living aboard in Toronto for four years. I don't think twice about it anymore. It has become second nature.
- I feel absolutely confident with all of my on board electrical and plumbing
- I am now somewhat proficient with wood work, and beginning to take the plunge into glass work.
- I sail whenever I like (at least in the spring - summer - fall)
- I have a 20 minute commute to my downtown work via bicycle; but when I get home at night, I don't feel like I am in the city.
- I save tons of money vs living in the city.
- It's a bit sad when the wrap goes on for the winter
- Showering at the marina is a bit of a pain (I don't shower on-board for moisture reduction reasons)
- Worst of all, if I have to answer the question "Doesn't it get cold in the winter" one more time, it may go badly for the person who inquires.