SailNet Community - View Single Post - Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013
Daniel - Norsea 27

Rhapsody-NS27 is on a distinguished road
Re: Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger79 View Post
save yourself $30K and look at any other manuf of RV out there. I know the Airstreams have a devout following but really why would you spend so much on a "retro" camper that is very confining due to it's shape and the appointments are "retro" at best and archaic at worst. The seating is poor and uncomfortable, the layouts are meant to make you say "oh this is what it was like in the fifties" apparently. terrible campers in my opinion.

you could keep the boat and have a very nice camper and spend a lot less than the price of the stream.
Not that I can travel the country like one could with an RV or camper but the other option would be to put the boat on its trailer and stay in that if needed.

Quote:
Aside from what it teaches you, there is simply the indescribable degree of peace that can be achieved on a sailing vessel at sea. I guess a combination of hard work and the seemingly infinite expanse of the sea - the profound solitude - that does it for me. - Billy Campbell
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook