SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Ocean is broken? really?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013

unimacs is on a distinguished road
Re: The Ocean is broken? really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
"overwhelming consensus there is a warming trend"

And the consensus a few hundred years ago was that the Earth was flat and before that
the Sun revolved around the Earth. Consensus is not science.

For a more balanced approach about AGW go to Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change
It would be a huge waste of time for me to post any information refuting what Andrew Watts has to say because you are determined to believe it no matter what. Am I wrong ?

Ask yourself why that is. Ask yourself why you accept scientific consensus when it tells you that the Earth revolves around the Sun but you won't accept scientific consensus in the case of global warming? Why do you choose to believe a former FOX weatherman instead?

There was never any scientific consensus that the earth was flat. Aristotle knew it was round in 330 BC. Contrary to popular myth, most educated Europeans knew it was round at the time of Columbus.

As far as which heavenly body revolves around which, more scientists would have come to the correct conclusion sooner had they not been so heavily influenced and in some cases threatened by the religious powers of the time.

That's not to say that scientists can't be wrong. They certainly can be. But I trust them more than I trust the people who have vested interests in maintaining the status quo.

If you want to know the truth, follow the money. Who stands to lose the most if people started to take global warming seriously and acted accordingly. Surely not some of the anonymous donors to places like the Heartland institute.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unimacs For This Useful Post:
joyinPNW (10-21-2013), Minnesail (10-21-2013), Petrouschka (10-22-2013)