SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best used cheap blue water boats 30-45ft
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Best used cheap blue water boats 30-45ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I was almost killed in an Oregon bar back when I was about 20 years old. Our band was playing at a town on the Columbia. I think it was White Salmon. It was on an Indian Reservation. The bar was full of Native Americans. Just for fun I bet $20 that our roady could beat any Indian at arm wrestling. We met in the back room after the gig, a half dozen indians, one really big one and the band with Bryce, our roady. Bryce and the indian locked arms and held each other for what seemed like half and hour. Then Bryce, said, "Are you ready? And then slammed the indian's arm to the table effortlessly. The indians were very good sports about it. But Bryce wanted to kill me for setting up the bet. He wasn't feeling good that night. Oh, I hear you floyd. You have to be very careful in those Oregon bars.
Um.... where's the 'GROAN' button???

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook