SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does a first sail ever go as planned?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013
Admiral

janice142 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: Does a first sail ever go as planned?

I'm certain you made the proper choice to return to the dock and fix the problem... part two, not going back out was an equally good decision. All too often when tired (or stressed) mistakes happen and judgment is clouded by fatigue. Somehow getting down into the bilge to repair successfully the stuffing box counts in my book as something that needs pondering afterwards, not the physically and mentally demanding job of sailing a boat you're still learning.

At least that's my take. As you become more experienced with repairing underway you'll have the confidence to repair "out there" but for now, being in a place where you could have gotten assistance or a second opinion strikes me as smart. It's the "heroes" that end up in the news for some bonehead fiasco....

Good Job Cap'n Daniel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to janice142 For This Useful Post:
Rhapsody-NS27 (10-22-2013)