SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ana Capri or Anacapri?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013
1975 Anacapri Erika 24

BillOcala is on a distinguished road
Re: Ana Capri or Anacapri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74anacapri View Post
Must have been tense when your rudder failed.

Actually it was - the boat ended up doing a little bit of a 180 as I had a pretty good load on the sails at the time

Thanks for the photos - they sort of confrm another guys recollection as to the shape of the rudder. I think I remember how tall it was, pretty close anyway.

Emergency rudder a great idea - I was thinking of making one at least for the existing mount while I am constructing things and all.

Nice pictures of the other parts! Those will really help with the next phases.

The centerboard is a bit of a mystery to me still too. While the boat was out of the water I stuck a camera into the well and I have hollow areas in mine but I couldn't figure out what was supposed to be in there. It is a fiberglass jacket and I could see that a PO had tried to put external straps on the exterior of that jacket. I have a suspicion that there was a concrete and iron scrap filled core that is supposed to be in there - but I have no proof yet and I was very limited with the video camera I had (it could not take still pictures so I could only see thru the lil 1" screen - so it was marginally useful and this area is largely a mystery to me too).

We start rudder construction tomorrow I will take pictures as we go.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook