SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello all, I'm a new user but an old sailor
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Hello all, I'm a new user but an old sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailAlfin View Post
Yes, I have not posted or used it much. Back in 2008 when I joined I was Leader on the investigation of the Cynthia Woods loss of her keel on the Galveston-Verazruz race. Everyone on the forums was against the designer and the manufacturer but my investigations showed different and I was been pummeled bad, so I pulled back from divulging info until I finished. I am back and due to my upcoming 83 years I believe it is time for an old sailor to switch to a trawler of some kind and continue the love-affair with the sea.
Can you get a link to those investigations? It seems very interesting.

Regarding the trawler today you can have lots of sailing boats that work with buttons. Since old people are a very big part of the market (they are the ones with money) cruising boat design have come a long way in what regards easiness.

I have + 80 year old Italian friends that cruise on an modern Halberg Rassy. Meet them last year in Croatia, this year way down in Greece (Jakintos) and they have plans for next year to sail the Cyclades. Since they come from near Trieste, that's a lot of sailing.

Don't give up, just find an easier boat to sail, one where you don't need to do any considerable efforts. There are many on the market.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to PCP For This Useful Post:
SailAlfin (10-22-2013)