SailNet Community - View Single Post - Composting Toilets vs. Holding Tank
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Composting Toilets vs. Holding Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
Full installation of a new marine head (toilet, plumbing, thru-hulls, holding tank, labour) will very likely set you back as much or more than a new composting head. If it were just the toilet, then you can do it cheaper, although good quality heads (not those cheapo Jabscos) are still in the $500 range. A Nature's Head or Air Head will cost around $1,100. CHeads are even cheaper.

In the long term it's really a no-brainer. You'll never pay for another pump out with a composting head. Unless you're dumping out at sea, a standard head will certainly cost more over time.
Yea, I think if you are paying for labor there is no way you could in stall a full system for the price of an Airhead/Natures head let alone the cost of a C-head. I think if you are at all cost conscious and you don't want to build your own then the C-head is the way to go it starts at $519. Looks relatively finished as well. I don't like the look of the stirring mechanism, as it looks a bit home made, but seems to work well. No way you are going to get a system installed for under $520 with a traditional system.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook