SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Congrats on your purchase, Rumen. I am sure you will be happy with that choice. And don't let anyone tell you the Oceanis 38 would have been a better choice. Ridiculous!!
Nobody had said that an Oceanis 38 would be a better choice to Rumen. If he had choose that boat after sailing that boat 37.09 and the 3.6 for sure that for him the 37.09 is the boat he wants regarding how the boat sails, feels, looks and the type of interior.

What I have said was that for living extensiveness aboard the Oceanis 38 is a better boat and not even regarding Rumen's choice but the Luffe 3.6. But that applies also to the 37.09 tha has not standing height and an even smaller interior, comparing with the 36.6 that has already standing height. The interior space and storage is incomparably bigger on the Oceanis.

I believe Rumen is not planning to live extensively on his sailboat.

I was not talking about Rumen choice (37.09) but comparing the recent Luffe 3.6 with the Oceanis 38 regarding advantages and disadvantages regarding cruising.

Certainly the Oceanis 38 will be a better choice for many and that is one of the reasons why it is going to be much more popular than the Luffe 3.6, even if not so beautiful, not even close. That is also why Beneteau, the bigger boat builder, that uses the best NA, is not proposing boats designed along the same lines and criteria Luffe's are designed: They do not answer the needs and desires of most cruisers.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook