SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Varianta 37 - 44 and Oceanis 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubota View Post
Could you post anything more about the varianta and oceanis test?
Thanks
On that comparative sailing test for electing the Voile Magazine boat of the year, with all boats in the water at the same time, they selected the opinion of several testers regarding each boat and made also a general comment by the editor.

In a very free translation of the more significant parts:

OCEANIS 38:

"Very Agreeable at sea and in the Port...I like the Arch integrated in the dodger. It makes a lot of sense". Another tester: "I don't like this type of boats that pretend to do everything at the same time. The interior lacks of ventilation" another says: "The sensation of interior space is incredible. I like the open space including the front cabin on the saloon and I like the big hull ports that provide a great view".

VARIANTA 37:

"The performances on the water are a good surprise, with 7.2K on the light winds. I had a good feeling at the wheel. That's true that the interior is spartan but that is not chocking and it is even coherent with the boat". Another one: That's a good boat for start cruising, we can have a boat with a limited budget and with time we can add equipment and even better the interior. It is a great boat for the price. Finally we can have a new boat for the price of an used one." From the editors: "The boat has the Hanse 370 hull and it is incredibly good in light winds. The rigging is simple but it has the essential. The interior is minimalist but not uncomfortable".

That comes as no surprise, the boat is basically an Hanse and the minimalist interior makes it lighter and therefore faster. The same happened with the Varianta 44 that is a fast boat. The Varianta 37 has a better interior and more equipment as well as more options regarding additional equipment.

Have a look at the Varianta 44 (also based also on an Hanse hull) sailing potential, even with strong winds:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook