SailNet Community - View Single Post - NOAA To Stop Printing Nautical Charts
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road
Re: NOAA To Stop Printing Nautical Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
As soon as the pdf's are available, it's a pretty easy process to select the charts you want, email them off, and have them printed out by custom print shops. Then you can get them printed on anything from paper to Mylar film, for just a couple of bucks.

The fact that the government is getting out of the printing business and sending this function back to private industry seems like a win all the way round.
Who prints full size color charts for just a couple of bucks? Most of the times I've looked, the prices are around $50 or more for that sort of printing, making the $20 charts from official printers the best deal. I'm an engineer and most of the places I work have large scale printers available. I've used those (buying my own ink and paper) to print dozens of charts. I don't always have that capability though (I'm a consultant/contractor), so if there were a source of cheap chart printing, I'd love to hear about it.
Downeaster 38 #40

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook