SailNet Community - View Single Post - Walker Bay-Beware
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Walker Bay-Beware

Sorry to hear of the trouble. If you're posting to warn others of buying a WB, others will want to read the reply as well.

If your looking for advice on how to get satisfaction, I would start with getting laser focused on what you want. They include getting your dinghy fixed, replaced or reimbursed. It seems you are also trying to get them to feel bad, apologize, admit failure or something. I always suggest leaving the latter out of a negotiation like this. It only inflames the other side and you get nothing for an apology. You may even get the apology and not the new inflatable. Is that valuable?

I don't think you could know that the poor service starts in the President's office, nor that they accept the lowest bid on parts. They just seem like your poking a stick in the eye of a company that has ticked you off. I suggest staying focused on proving your case, documenting the terms of their warranty and that your inflatable is due reimbursement under those terms.

Business' warranty programs are taken advantage of all the time as well. They should not become jaded, but many do. People destroy the product themselves and then try to make a warranty claim. Not suggesting you did so, just pointing out that understanding where your opponent may be coming from makes it more likely you will win the contest. Again, decide what you are trying to win and stay on it exclusively.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook