SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Giraglia yacht race 2013

Yes, it was three months ago that the big classic med race took place, this year better than ever with 230 sailingboats racing coming from 10 different countries, but I was cruising without internet and missed this one. I should not have missed it because it would put me happy: My boat (Comet 41s) made 2th and 3th in ORC (compensated time).

Line honors went to a big wally cento (beautiful performance cruiser), on compensated on IRC the winner was a XP44 that make an incredible race and on ORC the victory come to a X35 that made a non less magnificent one. As the X35 was only racing in ORC and the XP 44 was only racing in IRC I would say that we will never know who made the better race and that is STUPID!!!.

I will come to this later, for know some images about that old Med classic that has been raced since 1953. It starts in St Tropez, passes by the Giraglia Island and finishes in Genova (243 NM).

Don't miss this video, it is fantastic!!!

The winner in real time, the wally passing like a bullet a Grand Soleil 54:

And regarding amateurs, they come from far, even from Russia. A nice movie aboard a Russian First 40:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-24-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook