SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dangers of LED navigation lights
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Dangers of LED navigation lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillia28 View Post
I've been following this post for some time now, and it is quite thought provoking., I am considering on replacing the anchor and steaming lights with LEDs by Marinebeam, which are said to be "USCG certified" on the website. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are about half the price of the similar Aquasignal 43 series, so I am curious. For the record, I was planning on the P & B stainless units and just adding LED bulbs, but based on the information here, I decided against that strategy. I need to buy new lights, it seems silly to buy incandescent units and convert them.
Thanks
Lou

Jeff is a great guy and stands behind his product. His new line (actually introduced last year) of USCG LED nav lights are well built and you get Jeff who will be there to support it. But no real need for an LED steaming light as the engine is running and you won't need a low power light. That said LED's last longer so they can still be beneficial even for a steaming light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook