SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor has deaf ears
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Practical Sailor has deaf ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_amcdn View Post
I had a snail mail reminder a week ago. It went directly into our blue recycle bin.

Is there not a PS tester here on Sailnet? It is hard to understand how the PS owners could ignore so many complaints. They must have deep pockets.

Unfortunately I think it the actions of a desperate company. Seems the magazine is getting thinner as far as real reviews. They don't do as many boat reviews, and that I would think would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do. Call up a local dealer, introduce yourself and I can't imagine they would not offer to take you out. Used boat reviews would be easier, who would not like to have there boat reviewed? I think it is good to do very through reviews like the bottom paint, on the other hand last month's review of AIS receivers was useless. Basically said yup, they both turn on, both good units, this one is slightly better than that one on one thing, this one better at that at another. But both are recommended. Seems if they contacted the manufacturer they should be been able to get several. And if you recommend both equally then you really don't have a review, but an advertisement.

It worries me as it only leaves Good Old Boat as a useful publication. While I love reading that, it really does not do any comparisons between products.

I agree to that PS seems to spam way to much. If they have not figured out that they are not going to be able to compete with Amazon and other on line retailers on books, then they are truly lost. The only way to make money selling things on line is if you have an advantage on price, provide superior service or sell something no one else does. There spam does none of that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook