SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor has deaf ears
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Practical Sailor has deaf ears

Haven't subscribed to PS in a long time, partly because even the mag staff have been known to concede that the subscription folks, who are apparently all a separate location and operation, can be a nightmare to deal with. There's a Doctor Suess riff about not liking green eggs with my ham, Sam, or some such that seems to come to mind.

Postcards and deals and funny math and odd timing...Maybe the PS mag staff need to do a review of aggressive subscription departments, huh?

What I've noticed in recent years is magazines that add a "postage and handling" fee onto their subscription offers. OK, postage, extra, huh? So I guess I can skip that by picking up my magazines in person? Or, no, wait, didn't the definition of "subscription" used to mean "we'll send that to you" ?

I know it is hard to make a buck writing or publishing these days, but some folks are just pushing it more than a little too hard. Like the ebook sellers, who complain about how expensive it is to print and ship and store and destroy unsold paper books, but somehow, they often discount the ebooks less than 10%? Oh, look, there's a hand in my pocket! Kindly offering to pick it!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook