SailNet Community - View Single Post - We Killed the Pacific Ocean
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

unimacs is on a distinguished road
Re: We Killed the Pacific Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
To fix those problems its quite easy: Everyone Stop listening to Global Warming BS and take care of Polution each and every one of us instead of pretending its only big bad countries evil empires that do it. And all fishing should be aquiculture. ONLY. All fishing banned except farmed fish.

See? Simple!

Mark
Leaving Global Warming aside for a bit, one of the biggest issues we have in terms of water pollution in Minnesota is mercury. It's gotten so bad that it's recommended that you eat no more than one meal a month made from a large fish caught in Minnesota. Pregnant women shouldn't eat any. For smaller game fish it's one meal a week. Pan fish I think you can eat all you want if you don't mind spending your life cleaning them.

A major source of the mercury found in our lakes is coal-fired power plants, - which also happen to be a major source of man made CO2 that ends up in the atmosphere.

As a state we've made great strides in reducing the amount of mercury produced by power plants but most of the mercury that ends up coming down in rain and snow comes from some place else. Obviously this needs to be a world-wide effort.

Anyway my point is that whether through improved efficiency or alternative energy sources, you can address pollution AND CO2 (I'm not going to get into the argument over whether or not CO2 is pollution).

Last edited by unimacs; 10-24-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook