SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #4806 of Old 10-24-2013 Thread Starter
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Many thanks. That is a beautful display. You are Hired! You can run the Euro office for me.

I don't recall why the boat weighed 32,000 lbs. except that is what I have on the drawings so that is what I had in mind. Often times when I am beginning a new hull shape I don't include the dipslacement of the keel because I may not know what I am going to do with the keel yet. That may be the case here.

If you are simply remarking on why I designed it to be so heavy the reason is stability. As you know, San Francisco is a windy place. Typically on a summer afternoon you will have 20 to 25 knots steady in the Bay. I wanted the schooner to stand up and be a powerful, stiff boat. With that low draft I needed displacement to get the stability the client wanted.

Again, many thanks for the well thought out spread.
Bob you are the first designer that had thank me to put a boat here. Some few had participate on the thread but you are "from the house" and it is with great pleasure that I have posted about the 41ft Schooner. But you are mistaken, the post looks good because the boat looks good and that's your merit not mine

I hope to post again about your new boat when the boat hits the water. Please when testing make a movie and take photos. I am sure that we are all interested in see how beautiful that boat is and how well it will sail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome