SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Your comments were that shape has no effect on stiffness, which is the equivalent of stating that a square propane tank is the same strength as a round one. You pressed a spline in the middle, then claimed that a longitudinal would also bulge out near the ends while welded, and thus contained inside a steel hull, the same way your spline out in the open did. Wynand definitely declared himself a racist and proud of it. He also joined the attack on framlessness ,and only later admitted he had built a framless 38 ft Dix design, posted on the origami boats site. You also supported the notion that the steel under my mast support pipes, 13 inches of 3/16th plate, would break before the 3 -5/16th windward shrouds would, and that could happen in the first 4 hours ,. something which hasn't happened in over 40 years.
I stand by all my comments on that site.
Actual quotes or it didn't happen (like most of the other things you claim people said).

If I can use your actual quotes in my BS Yachts Marketing Program post, you should be able to figure it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook