SailNet Community - View Single Post - Live aboard legal address
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Live aboard legal address

I'm not sure what the current rules are in NY but a "normal" NYS DL is not a DHS SecureID. You had to pay extra for that, last I knew. Then again, my friend's wife had one hell of a time (post 9/11 but some time ago) because her papers weren't in order wrt her maiden name and her married surname.

Florida wants a gen-you-whine SS card as one form of ID. But if you don't have one, you have to go to the SSA and apply for a replacement card, which will be mailed in several weeks. In the meantime the SSA gives you a plain laser-printed piece of white paper that says your new card is in the mail, and Florida accepts that plain easily counterfeited paper as an official government ID in lieu of a SS card. Ahuh.

Last time I went for a driver's license I read the line on the eye chart and stopped at the numbers. I said "I'll need a translator, I don't read Arab numbers, I only know Roman ones."

The nice lady almost panicked.

Yeah, they're all making the world safer.

When the folks at Radio Shack ask me for an address, I always look around, compliment them on the store, and ask if I can stay there for the night. Somehow, they manage to skip the address part after that. Yathink the same thing would work at the DMV?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook