SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Paulo, I confess I love that style of European (Dutch ?) boats. To paraphrase the song lyric ... they move me.

Aren't there another couple of examples or has the GFC taken them down ? i remember when I was doing the YachtWorld circuit before we bought our girl that I spent some considerable time drooling over a couple of Euro boats that were of that semi classic style but very modern underwater.

I'll try and find them Beautiful boats, either steel or aluminium.

edit .... Bestewind was one of them .... the other boat in this pic is a Van de Stadt built by the same yard.

and this is the other ..... very similar to the previous boat Paulo posted or is it the same ? Not sure.

edit ... she's a Puffin 42
Yes, very nice boats, great steel and aluminium designers (with a long tradition) and some of the best metal and steel shipyards.

Also Dutch, I like this one it can be made in aluminium or steel but the one that is being built is in steel. I like the simplicity, the modern underbody and the classical looks:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook