SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor has deaf ears
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013

MikeOReilly is on a distinguished road
Re: Practical Sailor has deaf ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
As for Good Old Boat, I've found it really useful, I just wish it was monthly and that they had better back access to articles. Having to order a physical copy of an old edition is an antiquated idea, I wish they had them all on their website like PS. At the same time, if it keeps them in business, so be it. I'd rather that than the current situation we have with PS.
I just got my digital Nov/Dec copy, and I see they are offering just what you ask for Shinook. Take a look here: AudioSeaStories.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqaltair View Post
a. No ad revenue.

b. Few conventional mags will ever say anything negative about the product of an advertiser or potential future advertiser. Every vendor is one or the other.

c. Some topics are inherently loaded with personal preference...
I agree with everything you say pdqaltair. Unfortunately for me, and many others posting here, it wasn't the content, but the attitude (for lack of a better term) that turned me away. Their constant badgering for renewals, their complete unresponsiveness around their website issues, and finally their incessant spamming, are the main reasons I stopped subscribing.