SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much deck over the cabin do I remove?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013

Mr. Chef is on a distinguished road
Re: How much deck over the cabin do I remove?

This boat came to us so a friend could stop paying rent for it to be in a yard. It has sat for the past 6 years. I paid to get it to my house. SO far, thats the extent of cash out, except for some cleaning supplies. I am certainly of the mind to keep it simple, make sure its safe to sail, and get her launched in the spring.
I think I will take off the posts, reinforce the area so it will take a new handrail securely. I can polish her up, do some other fun little projects to make it homey and comfortable, and sail the heck out of it. Its a great opportunity to find out what I like and if I want a more 'serious' boat. Meantime, I am super pumped about having something to sail and not just paddle around in a kayak around the harbor.
And I am glad to have found this site, sharing projects. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.
It wont be too long before I am on the ice, lookin for wind, since it will be too cold to work with epoxy or paint.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook