SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much deck over the cabin do I remove?
View Single Post
post #29 of Old 10-26-2013 Thread Starter
Mr. Chef

Re: How much deck over the cabin do I remove?

This boat came to us so a friend could stop paying rent for it to be in a yard. It has sat for the past 6 years. I paid to get it to my house. SO far, thats the extent of cash out, except for some cleaning supplies. I am certainly of the mind to keep it simple, make sure its safe to sail, and get her launched in the spring.
I think I will take off the posts, reinforce the area so it will take a new handrail securely. I can polish her up, do some other fun little projects to make it homey and comfortable, and sail the heck out of it. Its a great opportunity to find out what I like and if I want a more 'serious' boat. Meantime, I am super pumped about having something to sail and not just paddle around in a kayak around the harbor.
And I am glad to have found this site, sharing projects. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.
It wont be too long before I am on the ice, lookin for wind, since it will be too cold to work with epoxy or paint.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome