SailNet Community - View Single Post - Steps to posting pictures
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Steps to posting pictures

Ok, as the designated village idiot of computers, I am going to put the steps in to post pictures!!! Here we go:

1) Go to www.photobucket.com. This is a free service (and a paid service, depending on your level). Sign up, following the instructions. You will have an id and password to record for future postings.

2) On the right side (nicely placed beside the ads of Victroia Secret stuff), under Upload Images and Videos, you will see a Browse Button. Click on it and give it the location of your pics (whether you are getting them from your hard drive or a web site).

3) Click Upload, and the pictures will be saved in 'MY ALBUM'. Under those pictures, which you can view at the bottom of MY Album, you have various options (which I will not go into), but the URL address is important. Decide the picture you want to post, then click on the URL image, then press Control+C for copy.

4) Go to sailnet, and begin to type a new message or thread. In your thread (at the top) is a yellow button with the picture of a mountain. Press this and a pop-up will ask you for the URL location. Press Control+V to paste it.

*** NOTE, if you have a firewall/good virus protection, YOUR COMPUTER WILL NOT ALLOW SAILNET TO OPEN THIS POP-UP BOX - SO YOU MUST TURN THIS OFF (Which has been my problem, incidentally, and did not know it).

5) Your picture is there and will appear when you press submit.

6) If you have any problems, PM me or write back here and Cruisingdad will help. Don't feel ashamed. No one is as piss-poor at this as I am, so you won't be the dumbest. I will help!!!

- CD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook