SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Ocean is broken? really?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)

mad_machine is on a distinguished road
Re: The Ocean is broken? really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryewe View Post
As I said in my post...I don't think this is a correctable problem because human nature will not change. Pass all the laws you want and increase the punishment if you wish. Won't make a difference. .
I remember being in court for a traffic ticket I was fighting (and won) when the Girl ahead of me lost her littering fine. What did she do? She tossed a cigarette butt out the window of her car infront of a cop.

My Late Grandmother lived a mile from the traffic light down the road. Just far enough away that all the people who lit up while stopped would finish and toss the butt.. the first 10 feet of her property was nothing but nasty cigarette butts. They were impossible to get out of the grass.

You are completely right. It has to start at home with you and me. Once we get our "homes" in order.. we can get everyone else in line

In the end all that matters is how fully you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things that did not belong to you -Buddha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook