SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tea Tree Oil Recipe
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road
Re: Tea Tree Oil Recipe

Progress Report from this end.....

As I said I made about 6 or so ounces. The smell worked well for a time, then, in about one week the gel skimmed over and it stopped working. I removed the HARD layer and it was working once more. About a week went by, then another layer of HARD glass or plastic like skim. I peeled that off today and it's working but only a small amount remains. I also use one of the small battery reefer fans next to it. That may have speed up of the skimming. Next week I may try another idea with more oil in the mix and a different absorbent material. I have attached a photo of how it's looking today.

Disclaimer. We lived aboard full time in the San Francisco Bay area, cruised down through Mexico, and now have the boat on her trailer here in Az. In all that time we have had no mold to speak of. It may be due to living aboard or now the area we are at, so I can NOT attest to mold control of the oil!

Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SGUSE1.JPG (91.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg SGUSE2.JPG (95.9 KB, 4 views)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Delezynski; 10-27-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Delezynski For This Useful Post:
jimgo (10-27-2013)