SailNet Community - View Single Post - We Killed the Pacific Ocean
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: We Killed the Pacific Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ol Man View Post
Jwing and unimacs
What are the little things? Some one in these posts mentioned candy wrapers made of mylar, and plastic bubble packaging. What would happen is several hundred people simply wrote a letter to the company stating I like your product but I will not buy it because it is packaged in a non biodegradable wrapper. Believe me, it will get some attention. If and they probably will send back a letter telling you that their packaging is that way to keep it fresher longer or something to that effect simply tell them that's all well and good but I will eat it in less that a week and a biodegradable wrapper will keep it fresh for a week but the mylar wrapper is still be here a hundred years from now, or something to that effect.

Remember these companies are in bissness to sell their products. They are constantly taking surveys to modify as necessary their product to meet the wants, likes, demands of the customers. Unsolisited comments have a big impact, more than 10 to 1, of company spondsered surveys, a few hundred letters bout the same thing is the equivilant of thousands.

Do the little things now and the bigger things will happen
Good point. I plan to write some letters.

We really need to change all this plastic packaging in use today. Even if some of us reduce, reuse, recycle, there is no way that will offset the impacts of billions of people that do not recycle. The majority of earth's people live in very depressed economic areas. They do not have access to recycle programs- they are just concerned about the day to day struggles to survive.

Last edited by casey1999; 10-28-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook