SailNet Community - View Single Post - We Killed the Pacific Ocean
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)

mad_machine is on a distinguished road
Re: We Killed the Pacific Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
Good point. I plan to write some letters.

We really need to change all this plastic packaging in use today. Even if some of us reduce, reuse, recycle, there is no way that will offset the impacts of billions of people that do not recycle. The majority of earth's people live in very depressed economic areas. They do not have access to recycle programs- they are just concerned about the day to day struggles to survive.
I read an article last year that I cannot find now.. but it was talking about how cheap it is to make things out of plastic now. One of things they mentioned are the ubiquitous plastic chairs that you see all over the place. They are literally too cheap to bother fixing. Even in Third world nations where they have little to no luxury, if one breaks, they throw it away and buy another.

In the end all that matters is how fully you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things that did not belong to you -Buddha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook