SailNet Community - View Single Post - Purchase an ex charter boat
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: Purchase an ex charter boat

Been very happy with our 2000 Beneteau 505 that we bought 5 years ago. The original owner was Moorings (not someone else leasing to Moorings, apparently). The 2nd owner added a dodger and dinghy davits. We are the third.

During the pre-purchase survey, the surveyor and I looked carefully for any hard landings against the dock, but everything looked fantastic. Basically, we know it was in the charter fleet and could focus the survey accordingly.

As Mark suggested, the wall between the two front staterooms was already removed when we bought her. And we use one of the heads as a closet. Been thinking about putting a washer/dryer combination unit in there instead. (At CruisingDad's suggestion, I bought a true sine wave inverter so it could run a washer while on the hook.)

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook