Old 10-29-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Morris 45RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCandC View Post
Didn't see the Morris 45RS in this thread:
45 RS - Morris Yachts
Beautiful boat.
Probably not. From Morris we have beam posting about the M series designed by S&S that in my opinion are a much better design (as a classic boat) than the Morris 45Rs as a performance cruiser.

The boat has a very high quality nice interior but has an old Chuck Paine hull with a Jim Taylor keel (even that alteration has more than 5 years) and if the boat is certainly better with that keel than with the original old designed big non bulbed keel, the hull remains old and not very interesting. Besides that all that wood makes the boat heavy and for about 1.5 million dollars you can get a much more interesting and much faster performance cruising boat.

I believe they are making and selling well the M series (classic boats) but I doubt that they will sell the 45RC for that price as a performance cruiser, at least any significant number.

That's a pity. I do not understand why a brand with such tradition, quality of building and workmanship does not invest in modern cruising and performance cruising designs (hulls) and have not some of the best contemporary NA working with them on that. Even Bavaria has its cruisers designed by Farr

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-29-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook