SailNet Community - View Single Post - Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013

davidpm is on a distinguished road
Re: Embedded Chain plate maint/replacement

Thanks for taking the time to document your work so well.

Chuck you said: "No part of the chain plate actually touched the hull proper - just the three or four layers of glass and resin that where draped over it."

At first I didn't understand the above comment because it looks like the horizontal pieces were directly on the hull. So can I assume that you are referring to the vertical component that is away from the hull the thickness of the horizontal pieces?

Someone mentioned, that their should have been some soft material someplace. Are you still thinking that is important and if so where should it go?

The glass on top of the horizontal and vertical pieces, was it at the same thickness, how thick?

You said the stainless removed looked perfect are you saying, don't hate me for asking, the job was not necessary?

There was some discussion of the cause of the gelcoat cracks, has that ever been successfully figured out?

What do you suspect the purpose of that round bar at the top was? Maybe useful during installation. Seems it wasn't needed for strength.

Sorry about all the questions but enquiring minds etc. etc.

Last edited by davidpm; 10-29-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook