SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
The bumpy surface on the hull: is it mud or barnacles? Barnacles might be a challenge, especially if they have been out of the water long enough to dry out. And, if they are barnacles, it means this boat was under water a long time.

The more the OP tells about the situation, the worse it sounds. Free seems more expensive all the time.
while I can't vouch for anything the guy says, as I haven't seen the boat yet, it was supposedly not actually under water and the mud on it, now, happened during the last 4 months that he had it and it was on the water. it's a real mystery boat. he still hasn't emailed me the address, yet, and I need to leave in 2 hours to get there.

and, of course, i'm wondering why all the mystery. it makes me very wary. lol. that rhymed. anyway, all the mystery, from him, is making sure I look everything over with a fine toothed comb. if it's just a boat he needs to get rid of, why not be more straight forward? it would be rude to just ask him that, but i'm sure thinking it. but I still can't walk away from a possible opportunity without, at least, looking at it.

Last edited by captain jack; 10-30-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook