SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinook View Post
I can understand that for sure. Where are you located?

Be sure to account for storage costs and, if you get overwhelmed, the cost of getting rid of it. For me, I've seen a few free boats I'd take, but I don't have room for them in my back yard and I'm not going to pay to keep it somewhere to work on.
I am located in Frederick, Maryland. the boat is located in Essex, Maryland, where my girlfriend lives. I saw the add and after he told me the boat was in Essex, I immediately asked if it was on back river, which is where I have been sailing my dinghy this summer. sailed in baltimore's inner harbor Monday. that was really cool.

anyway, if I had the time, after I learned about this boat, i'd have gone sailing down back river to see if I could find it.

I don't need to pay someone to work on it. I can do that. but storage is an issue. I don't have a trailer for it and, even if I did, I would have to keep it at my mom's house and she wouldn't go for that. I already keep one boat there. there is a nice marina right at the dock, where I sail from, on back river. it's full service and has floating docks. I was speaking to a guy with a multi-hull, who keeps his boat there, as I sailed by, the first time I sailed there. he says they arte really reasonable but what is reasonable, to him, might be outlandish, to me. that is something I need to check into, yet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook