SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#4,449 ·
Tristan de Cunha was one of the places I played with. Even the second photo has a sign with the name, that island is almost on the same latitude, and right in front of our shore in Uruguay, more than 2000 nm away, in the mid of the south atlantic.

#4,451 ·
wow...
i think there is something in complete turmoil...
did not mattsplatt correctly answered marks location?
and he did post an image afterwards, right?

why do i not see an answer to the whereabouts of mattsplatts location?

and thank you seaduction for giving the location of mark's query... i was just about to ask it... ;)

#4,475 ·
I hear you. Have been a commercial fisherman and so, feel empathy for the men who must earn their living killing sea creatures. Many humans still need to harvest fish, etc. to live. It always seems to trump all other considerations. That's always the trade-off isn't it?: humans earning a living vs respecting other sentient beings on the planet. Octopi are such intelligent critters, it really is disturbing to consider killing them to make dinner. How many people does that snapshot bother? Not many I suspect. We are still in the primitive stages of "humanity" (whatever that is.)

I DO NOT wish to derail this thread so a move might be appropriate.

#4,469 ·
Nice picture, now I'm hungry. Is not Naxos, nor Crete.
Some people say the most important beach of the island is in the top 10 of best Europe beaches
1 km. long, white sand, cystal clear water, and a horse shoe shape of the bay.
what else, lots of young people crowded that beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.