SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Mini Transat

That's amazing. In fact the bath tube bow boat continues to lead and managed not to lose distance during the night in conditions that apparently would not suit that boat. Great sailing also by his skipper, Giancarlo that has won a bit over all other boats. I bet nobody slept last night

That is also amazing the speed and angle that those fat little boats can do close upwind with waves in what is the point of sail they perform the worst. They are doing over 5K and some top boats over 6K with an angle just a bit worse than 45º true.

Conditions should not be easy out there, that's a place where you don't want to sail upwind with 16K of wind (almost 20 apparent). Steep waves and confused seas. That was a tough night and it will be a though day.

Some great pictures here:

Photos première étape en mer | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-à-Pitre

I hope they get us a nice movie from their Galicia arrival. They are all pretty close.

Now we can see why the race direction wanted to neutralize the race in Galicia:In 24 hours a front will pass there with 33k winds and that means gusting 40 or 50K. Shitty weather in Europe. Big storms swept England and Germany and they say that the other big Transat will start with 25/30K upwind winds.

Well, too bad for them but I hope that can give us some fantastic images

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-à-Pitre

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook