SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting boat movie trailer (liveaboards)
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting boat movie trailer (liveaboards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Living on any boat in a harbour has to be preferable to sleeping on the streets, but unsound vessels barely afloat, anchored in a way that begins to congest fairways and access to others does create problems in those areas. There's no easy solution - so far the most expedient 'cure' has been to find a way to move them out - only to become someone else's "problem".
Sure but this boaters seem not to live in the boats because they like to sail but just because it's cheaper and they can. If they could live in a shack on free land without paying nothing I bet that most of them would prefer that. It seems to me that has nothing to do with boats or sailing but to manage a place to live if someone has not the means for any other solution.

Basically it is a social problem related with homeless people and a sad one.

I have lived in Greece for almost three months and its amazing how they have not a big problem with people living on the streets or with people looking like homeless. The economic situation is incredibly bad but they seem to have a big social solidarity and I don't mean a institutional one. A proud nation. I was impressed.

Regarding this problem, they have an huge number of places were one could live permanently on a boat but I did not saw that happen with Greeks. Some cheap marinas and some ports have some neglected boats and some people living in them but they are not Greeks.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-31-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook