SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
So, what will you do with the Holliday and when will you do it? That rusty trailer is only going to get worse as time passes. Mom isn't going to be too happy with it abandoned in place. Simply getting it moved, or off the trailer is a small issue compared to restoring the free boat to a useable status. The free boat is going to take a lot more than just cleaning her up.

Just my thought, but maybe it's better to deal with the first problem boat (the one in Mom's yard) before taking on another problem boat. Boat yards (and anyone else) are unlikely to accept the free boat on their property as it is now because of the possibility (or rather the likelihood) of it eventually being abandoned on their property. Fix the trailer and use the Holliday for sailing until you get in a better financial situation.
that is looking like what is going to happen. which might be the start of another post: how does one man, with no crane or other equipment, get a 20' 1000# boat off of a trailer and back on again? lol. I have some ideas. I just haven't had the chance to put them to the test.. then, this boat 'opportunity' came up.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook