SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
David Raison and Mini Transat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
... Raison will then be able to have a very big smile indeed.
He certainly deserves that. He had not many work propositions for designing new boats even if he had to sail his boat himself to victory to prove that he was an innovative talented NA and not a lunatic.

The only command was for an odd aluminium cruising mini, an interesting concept but with a very marginal public target. If he associates himself with a prime interior designer they can make an incredible cruising 35ft. That hull is not only good in what regard sail power but also in interior space. Probably the best size would be a 35ft that will have the interior space of same 40fts.

Sure, it would be an uncomfortable offshore boat (upwind with waves) but most sail only coastal and many on semi protected waters and there it will make all the sense. No, about the looks...I guess that it will take time and also a innovative cabin design to make it desirable. Some victories and the spread of the concept to other racing classes will contribute to that also.

Arrivée de David Raison à Madère sur son 747... por davidraisonweb

http://www.davidraison.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post

....in confused seas it may still have an advantage by not burying the bow in waves quite as much ...
I think you have a point here. I was scratching my head thinking how it would be possible but having a better look at the race photos and the sea condition they are getting I think you are right.

If they get considerable sized waves on the bow I think he is going to lose time to the others.

A very interesting tour on Giancarlo boat (747):

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-ŕ-Pitre

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-31-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook