SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain jack View Post
there is obviously a lot to learn about marinas. I am used to trailering. this is a new world, for me.

it's kind of like the idea of joining a yacht club. I am the least likely person you would see in a yacht club. think biker/pirate/Viking. lol.

I guess I've never been a social sailor. I mean, I talk to people, when i'm getting my boats set up or ready to leave. you'll exchange a few words as you sail by. i will lend a hand, while they are at the dock. I have saved a few people's butts. i actually sailed beside one family while i told them how to sail. that's a funny story. but I've never hung out with the sailing community.

so, except for people that know me from sailing at Marburg ( and their just people i am acquainted with, not really fiends i hang out with), i don't have any sailing friends.

guess i need to work on that a little.
YCs are not anything like you may be thinking. Unless you are into the Big ones like Annapolis YC. all the clubs on the river here are pretty down to earth. No ascots and caps LOL

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook