SailNet Community - View Single Post - "Free boat" seaworthiness
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: "Free boat" seaworthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsonian View Post
This isn't a personal finance discussion board but Capt. Jack needs to get his act together before he thinks about acquiring a 24' boat. Unless you make your living on the water, boats are luxuries. You need to take care of basics before you spend on luxuries. One of those basics is a rainy day reserve. He stated that he doesn't have any reserve funds. It's absolutely reckless to start thinking about buying a boat until you have six months living expenses sitting in the bank.
they say you are always supposed to have savings and you should be able to pay a month's rent with one check and all that other good advice that you have to make real money to follow. the largest majority of people, and i am one of those, live their lives without being able to follow such good advice. they have no choice but live recklessly. honestly, if only people that were well prepared and financially stable had kids, which is a huge money drain, the human race would dwindle to become an endangered species. you just find a way, when you have to. you have to take risks, in life, if you are to live it. you may not have money to spend but once you have a responsibility, you find a way to fulfill it.

not that i am not going to start getting myself financially set up for this. there is a difference between an expense you know is coming, ahead of time, and one that hits you all of a sudden.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook