SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your Pick for Best Crimpers
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Your Pick for Best Crimpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
Title says it all, what is your pick for best crimping tool for red, blue, and yellow rings, spades, etc ?
Seeing as you said "best" here's my picks... I will assume red, blue & yellow insulated but not heat shrink?

For me it is AMP PIDG terminals and an AMP 59250 for red and blue terminals and then an AMP 59239-4 for the yellow terminals.

There are other similar crimp tools to these but these are the tools used in the aerospace industry and certified for that use when used with the AMP PIDG terminals. When properly used with AMP PIDG terminals the crimps made are simply beautiful, robust and do not over or under crimp the wire. They certainly can be used with off brand terminals but do be sure they are a copy of an AMP PIDG three piece terminal.

What ever crimp tool you get:

*Pick your terminals and stick to that brand

*Test each size wire in each size terminal to be sure it is making a suitable crimp

There is a LOT of variability in red, blue, yellow crimp tools....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 11-01-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook